Been a few days again, but had a really good weekend. I decided that I was not going to run off to the mountains alone this time, so it was Cierelle and I alone. It was a real blast. I should stop treating her like a porcelain figurine and remember who was in the trenches with me side by side fighting the Empire off back on Zaverael.
We left the kids home and set off on foot with only what we could carry. It was a hell of a time. After we really got out there a ways we found a nice spot to set up camp in. There is a small cleft in this rock face we decided to use as a camp spot. Turns out it was not too far off of a game trail so food was easy to get. There is a stream just off a short distance as well so we did pretty good for ourselves.
Fresh game, clean water and sleeping under the stars, what more can you ask for in a relaxing weekend?
It was nice, to just lay there and look up at them. The stars that is. Its nice to just lay back and enjoy their beauty in peace and calm. The crackle of the fire, the chirp of the night fliers and the steady breath of my wife next to me.
This was a good weekend.
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment